I Just Lost the Game...
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Host kind of thing...

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The Host kind of thing... Empty The Host kind of thing...

Post by Blyss Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:26 pm

This is based on the book the Host. It follows the same storyline except for one thing. There is a group of humans still hiding in the Glasshouse Mountains on the Sunshine Coast of Australia. You can either be a soul or be a human... take your pick. Have fun

Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Location : The Boat Shed- Los Angeles, or Westeros, or London (depends on my mood)

https://all-for-1.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

The Host kind of thing... Empty Re: The Host kind of thing...

Post by Laumiņa Fri Aug 23, 2013 1:27 pm

((Human is in Italics, Host is normal font))

The Host kind of thing... Tumblr_lhm5q9uIPv1qgodmlo1_500
Name:
"My name is Merciful for I take pity on the races I inhabit. Humans are the fourth race I have encountered and I find them more interesting than any other."

"Hello? Can you hear me? My name is Cassidy Stewards"

"I am thousands of years old, lets us leave it at that"
"I am sixteen"

Personality:
Merciful - Quiet, intelligent, protective, sympathetic and nervous 
Cassidy - Rebellious, cunning, witty, sarcastic and devious

Others: 
"I have a tattoo of a dream catcher on my right wrist and below it the words, 'My spirit will stay free', are printed"

Looks: 
The Host kind of thing... Tumblr_m4p6js0pb71qdl497
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:18 am

Name: Melody Campbell
Species: Human
Personality: Is quite suspicious of people as was raised by conspiracy theorists. Otherwise was quite a normal person. But the suspicion is what helped her and her family survive. Currently living in an underground bunker in the mountain ranges. She was the girl who new everyone at high school and a reasonable achiever. Was at the local uni studying history.
Others: Has an engagement ring from her fiancee who was one of the first in the area who were taken by the souls.
The Host kind of thing... Palladium_engagement_ring
Looks:
The Host kind of thing... Tumblr_mjzqauldiR1qal2v4o1_r2_250
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Location : The Boat Shed- Los Angeles, or Westeros, or London (depends on my mood)

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:10 am

((You made it, you start it))
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sun Aug 25, 2013 11:22 pm

I climbed out of the bunker and stretched in the rising sun. Great another shitty day in this screwed up world... who knows maybe something fun will happen today.
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:58 pm

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I braced for another day. The routine was easy enough to fall into and once I was dressed and cleaned I made my way out of my room and down a flight of stairs where I knew the head of the operation for this country would be awaiting. Sure enough she was already there and upon seeing me, her intimidating face softened and gestured for me to join her. 
"Have you made progress?" She asked as she drew up a seat at the table.
I joined hesitantly. It wasn't my nerves that kept me on high alert, but the nerves of the girl behind the glowing eyes, the girl who I had locked away in her own head.
"Her name is, was Cassidy Stewards. She was sixteen and lived alone with her father", I began.
Say one more thing about my father you freak of nature and I swear I will find a way to hurt you!
The other host nodded.
"Yes we have, located the father, however he was dead when we found him, there was nothing we could do", she replied.
You see what you are doing? You are forcing people to die, you are MURDERERS!
"NO!" I cried as I jumped up from my chair, causing it to fall over behind me. 
The other host looked at me worriedly but I didn't care I was already moving towards the door. Again Cassidy's instincts had taken over my own and suddenly I had the need to get outside. 
That's right bitch, I'm not a was, I'm an is and I'm still here.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:04 pm

I went back in the bunker and had breakfast in silence with the rest of my family. My uncle stood up suddenly. "I have to go into town as we are going to need more food soon." he looked over at me. " Do you want me to pick up one of the abominations to test, Mels?" I nodded and kept on eating.

((Pix do you want your character to be the one picked up or do you want me to pick up a random one?))
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:48 am

((Sure))

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I now knew how it felt to lose control over a body. Cassidy had sent me running from the room and now we were headed outside. I don't know where she thought she was going and I could feel her control slipping, she would soon give up. A noise from my right caused me to jump another Host was after us. Thank goodness, I had never been required to run so much in my life. I tried to force my legs to stop but Cassidy had other plans. The man was athletically built so it took the host in him less than a minute to over take us. He then turned around and blocked our path. I thought it was over. I was wrong. In a fluid movement my hand shot out, grabbed the man's only means of stopping us and sprayed him with it. I watched on helplessly as he fell. 
"Sorry", I squeaked as I was forced past him.
"Cassidy you need to stop", I muttered under my breath as we approached the entrance.
You need to shut up! 
Hearing the voice sent a shiver down my spine. I hated it. I hated the reminder of what I had done to this poor girl. I tried to fight her back but it didn't work and soon we were in town. Cassidy had finally lost her fight when she saw the town was brimming with Hosts. That brief moment of weakness allowed me to turn us around but Cassidy held me in place.
Do what you like but if you go back there, I'll make your life hell! 
I bit my lip and turned around again, this time heading us towards town. I didn't have anywhere else to go anyway.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:38 am

I went with my uncle into town, wearing our sunnies and trying to act normal. We walked into the shop and walked out with enough food and water for at least a month. As we were leaving town we saw a girl walking by herself, no one else was around. I nodded at my uncle and he pulled the tranq gun out and shot her before loading her into the trunk.

When we go to the bunker I secured her and left her to wake up in an examination wound.
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:50 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I never even saw it coming. One minute I was arguing with Cassidy over what we should since she refused to let me go back to the only place I knew as home. Every time I so much as looked the other way she would protest in a high scratchy voice that made my head throb. The last thing I could remember was a sharp pain in my back and the ground rushing to meet me. I could feel arms lifting me up before I fully blacked out.

I was awoken by shouting a while later. At first I thought it was coming from beside me, then I recognised the voice.

Mer...FINALLY! Do you know you snore? It's rather embarrassing. Cassidy's voice echoed in my head.

"Shut up", I grumbled as I tried to sit up.

That was when I noticed the restraints around my ankles and wrists, pinning me to a bed. I tried to glance around at where I was, my search made me nauseous. Medical equipment was everywhere and it wasn't the neat little gadgets that the hosts had, no these were tools of violence. I shuddered and I heard Cassidy squeak in my head.

You, you can't die. If they hurt us, we both go. There's got to be a way out of this. Cassidy's thoughts flashed as a colourful blur across my eyes as she hurriedly tried to find a way to free herself from this mess.

"It's over", I whispered, trying to stop the montage of colour.

No, it's not! I don't want to die like this! I want to die of my own will and in control of my body. You might want to die, and quite frankly I would be happy to help you there, but not me.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:17 pm

I heard the... thing wake up in the other room and smiled before walking in. "Hello, I am Melody. Now would be a good time to tell me your name and the name of the human whose body you stole."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Fri Aug 30, 2013 12:01 pm

- Merciful (Mercy) -

Don't talk, just listen. Don't let them know I'm in here. They'll try to get you out and neither one of us can survive that ordeal. Cassidy's voice was so quiet it was almost a whisper.

I wondered if she was trying to save herself or both of us. I would have to ask her later about that. If we lived that long of course. From where I was restrained, I couldn't see who was talking, all I could hear was a woman's voice. Would a human adult be easier to talk to? I bit my lip as I thought.

For gods sake you're pathetic. Tell her you're the only reason this body is moving! Without you this body is dead, say SOMETHING! There was the louder and more irritating Cassidy that I had still not grown to like.

It took me a moment to find my voice. I was unsure if it was because I was about to lie, something Hosts generally didn't do, or if it was because I was scared out of my mind. I shouldn't have listened to Cassidy. I should have stayed in the building where I belonged. The two of us might have gotten the chance to live a little longer at least.

"Merciful. The human, she didn't make the change, I know nothing about her", I said quietly. I was surprised at how easily that lie came out. That and it sickened me. Humans lies, Hosts didn't.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:07 am

I laughed. "You lie to me worm. Everyone knows that the host can read humans no matter what. And I know you can't ever fully repress the human... so, Merciful, tell me her name."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Sat Aug 31, 2013 11:21 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

She told me to lie. It didn't work. Was Cassidy trying to get us killed!?

Ugh, I hate people. I especially hate people who have half a brain. Damn it. Cass, just use that.

I raised my eyebrows. Could she not have had this idea sooner? I shifted uncomfortably as my arms and legs had fallen asleep.

Stop it! Focus!

Easier said than done annoying little voice in the back of my mind.

"Cass", I muttered.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:59 am

I smiled and loosened the restraints. "Thankyou. How was she taken, peacefully or did she fight?" I asked as I walked over to a table covered in doctors tools.
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:49 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I myself hadn't even found that out. I knew that her parents, June and Will Stewards, had died long before the invasion which left Cassidy with her older brother, Aaron. The rest of her family were scattered all across the glob.

Digging up my personal life, that's how you repay me!

I ignored her and raced through her memories. Days before the invasion reached their doorstep, Aaron and Cassidy had an argument and Aaron had left her behind. An argument about how Cassidy could take care of herself. Ironic and not surprising. Aaron stormed out and left Cassidy at home. She wasn't fazed and was easily able to take care of herself. When we did arrive she took to the first thing she could find to end her life. Hosts found her swinging by a noose around her neck in the backyard. They were there just in time to save her.

Ass!

I looked over at the doctor's tool and bit my tongue to keep myself from screaming. Actually I wanted to scream, Cassidy forced me to bite my tongue. She made me bite down so hard I tasted blood. I forced myself back intro control and the pain in my tongue eased as I released the biting grasp it had been in.

"Guess you could say both", I managed.

Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sun Sep 01, 2013 12:16 pm

I turned around and nodded. "She strikes me as a bit of a fighter." I picked up a key and turned around and unlocked one of the restraints. "Now I don't hurt people, much to everyone elses annoyance. We have two others like you here, ya know. Souls."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:06 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

We were put through all of that for nothing. Huh, it really is a losing battle for us isn't it?

If Cassidy didn't shut up soon, I was going to shove her completely aside so I could no longer here her, something that would annoy greatly. Instead I used my free hand to undo the rest of the restraints and sat upright, rubbing my wrists absentmindedly.

"So wait, there are other souls here? I thought humans and hosts didn't mix", I said as I gazed off into the distance, so lost in thought that I felt like I wasn't even in the room. 

Humans and hosts don't mix? Is that some kind of pun you sick son of a b*tch?

Alright I would let Cassidy have that one, bad choice of words.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:53 am

I tilted my head to the side slightly. "Well, they don't especially. These ones are under my protection. Everyone else here wants them dead. I showed them that we weren't monsters in a way. But mainly I am keeping them here until I know how to safely remove a soul."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:47 pm

- Merciful (Mercy) -

It's possible!? To get you out of me? Bye-bye sucker!

I ignored Cassidy and glanced over at the doctor's tools. There was quite a variety of sharp looking objects, I almost felt pity for those who had to suffer under them.

"What will you do with the souls, you know, once they're out?" I asked quietly.

As much as I liked the idea of leaving Cassidy and her insults, I didn't particularly want to become a science project either. However the chances of me being placed into another person did not look good, after all humans wanted nothing more than to see our entire population gone.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Thu Sep 05, 2013 12:51 am

"It depends. We have 2 other people here in comas who won't wake up ya know. From during the invasion. My aunt and cousin tried to drown themselves." I looked down at my hands frowning. "we got to them before the souls did, but they are vegetables now so..."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:34 pm

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I'd rather be a vegetable.

We really did bring out the worst in humans. I mean I know many of them were already harming themselves long before we arrived but I'm pretty sure that since we arrived, more humans are willing to give up on everything.

"Is it really worth it, keeping them here to suffer?" My mouth moved but those weren't my words.

Haha I knew it! I knew I could do more than just stop my own feet. I CAN TALK!!!!!

It was amusing how excited Cassidy got when I dropped my defences and she managed to grab a few seconds of freedom. I just hoped she remembered that everything I did was to protect the both of us. So as a precaution, I bit my lip, something that seemed like nothing but a nervous habit, and with someone like Cassidy in the back of my mind, I wouldn't be surprised if that became a regular thing.

Killjoy
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:04 pm

I looked up and frowned, fiddling with my engagement ring a little. "Do you mean my family or the souls?"
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:19 pm

- Merciful (Mercy) -

"I suppose both" I said quietly.

It did seem unfair to keep them both trapped here. Souls aren't meant to be prisoners and humans shouldn't be trapped between life or death. I know for a fact that the souls were trying to flush the humans up by cutting of means to their supplies, increasing patrols and such, was it really worth wasting time and resources on lives that didn't belong here?
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:46 pm

I looked down. This soul was reasonably good at reading people and connecting by the looks of it. "You need to stay in this room. I will be back." I walked out and almost ran into James, my brother. "Take the food in James."
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:52 am

((She has a brother??? Hmm, James & Melody, Melody & James, Maddy & Jake. Hahahaha!!!!!))

- Merciful (Mercy) -

I blinked in surprise at Melody's words. Stay? What like a common earth canine? I could hear Cassidy laughing in my head. Why had they let her live? I would have been happy in any body. I could hear voices outside and I shifted uncomfortably in my seat.

Great more people to come stare at the freak show!

"Hey it's your body, they don't see me!" I hissed quietly to her.

You did NOT just go there!
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:57 am

((I will be james for the sake of this post... and there is no connection))
James- I walked into the room carrying the food tray. I set it down in front of her and wen to walk out before stopping. "Does it feel nice stealing someones body?" I asked rather maliciously.
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Tue Sep 10, 2013 11:13 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

"Nice? Nice?! Do you know what torture I've been through? I'd rather have taken control of a rock!" I snapped.

This wasn't in my nature but I was tired and Cassidy was getting on my last nerve as well as giving me a migraine.

Hey! What's with the Cass-hate?

I ignored her, which wasn't hard to do when I really tried.

"Do you think I like listening to a voice telling me to go die?" I said quietly. 
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Blyss Tue Sep 10, 2013 12:15 pm

James- I laughed. "The others don't seem as torn up as you. I give you the slightest slither of respect for that. But don't you dare do anything to make Melody trust you or hurt her or I swear I will kill you and that host body of yours. Whatever Mels says, it is an abomination just by having you in there." I glared and stomped and saw Melody standing outside looking slightly disappointed. "What!!!" I shouted at her before running off.

Melody: I shook my head and looked down at my ring. I should probably let Merciful compose herself a little.
Blyss
Blyss
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Laumiņa Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:25 am

- Merciful (Mercy) -

One more harsh comment towards me and I swear I was going to scream. I quietly stood up and began to pace the length of the room. No matter how hard I tried though I couldn't get his words out of my mind. I knew I was going to have to watch my back here but there was one thing I didn't understand. If there were already other souls here, why was I a threat? What was so different about me? A glint out of the corner of my eye caught my attention and I put aside my thoughts for a moment to see what it was. It was those medical tools that had nearly given me a heart attack before. I walked over to them so I could get a closer look. They were such strange shapes, not like the tools I had grown accustomed to. I went to pick one up but it slipped from my hand. It didn't make a sound when it landed but it did cut open my palm. I bit my tongue and curled my hand into a fist. I backed away and walked to the back of the room, my back to the door.

I have to get you out of here because if they don't kill us, you sure as hell are capable of doing it on your own.
Laumiņa
Laumiņa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum